CCM Hermanas

CCM Hermanas

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Touch Down 8/7/13

Hello & Welcome to the First Post in Hermana Weatherford's Missionary Blog!

After spending a week in southern California relaxing and visiting family, our beloved Teigen took to the skies! She left Los Angeles International Airport with a goodly number of other young adults called to the Guatemala Guatemala City Central Mission. I'm sure she was easily recognizable walking around the airport with her overstuffed carry on, modest skirt, and (probably) nervous expression. Knowing Teigen, she not only quickly made a friend, but helped someone overcome their fears as well. No word yet on if she handed out a BOM.

We did receive an email from her about 12 hours after her flight left. Considering that it was a 5-6 hour flight and who knows how long to the CCM (that's Spanish for MTC) and that she had already accomplished things....I am personally shocked (and terribly thrilled) that she had time to check in. [And as a mother...wondering if she got ANY sleep!]

This is what she wrote:
 
I don´t have much time to write, but I want you all to know that I´m alive!! My pday is Tuesday, so i won´t be able to email again till then.
 
The flight was crazy long, there are tons of missionaries in my district and I think I´m in a lower spanish class than i should be in, but i like my comp [=companion] so i´m afraid to change classes...
 
The CCM is TINY. Also, Guatemala is kinda sketch. Humidish and the water almost killed me when I brushed my teeth this morning. The food is awesome and I saw Hermana Bender [from her Corvallis days]! She looks good and we are in the same room :) My comp´s name is Hermana Martineau and she´s from Idaho. She´s a goofball, but I think we´re going to get along just fine!
 
We went on a field trip to the distribution center and i bought some spanish scriptures for myself! This day is lasting forever! It feels like I´ve been here for at least 3 days.
 
Lots of love,
Hermana Weatherford
 
A few hours later she graced us all with another short email!! In it included this information:
 
Just a few things to add, I´m still not set apart, but I have my badge! It´s awesome. Also, I won´t be able to send pictures for awhile. They took away our cameras and passports because there were some disobedient missionaries before us who took pictures they shouldn´t have.
 
She quickly stated that she was living the missionary guidelines so there wasn't any concern about not being set apart. Hopefully that will happen as soon as folks get settled. I was saddened :-( to hear that there are missionaries already causing trouble. I hope that they quickly understand the rules and start partaking of the blessings!!
 
I know you all join me in wishing her a marvelous adventures. She would love to have mail, see her address on the side bar. Please note that mail to Guatemala costs more than stateside mail. Not that it isn't worth it...
 
May God Be With You Till We Meet Again

No comments:

Post a Comment