CCM Hermanas

CCM Hermanas

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tech. Difficulties, Amatitlan & E/mail


Personally, it's been hard not hearing from Teigen for so long. She and I were trying to solve a problem via weekly emails and suddenly she was silent. It was very difficult trying to wait patiently and not worry about the situation...to trust that God would take care of her. I waited, counting the days and hours before I got her email this week. But her email isn't working for some reason and I ended up getting a note that had been routed through her companion, to her companion's grandmother and finally to me! Whew!

Hi there! I can't sign into my email for some reason, so this is just an email to let you know i'm alive in guatemala and i'm having a great time! I'm in Amatitlan in a trio with Hermana Brower and our trainer Hermana Garcia. The people are really receptive to the gospel and other than technical difficulties and a little bit of a cough everything is peachy keen!

I looked up Amatitlan and found that it's about 20 miles from where she was. Probably like many folks, I heard "Guatemala City Central Mission" and thought she would be in the city the whole time. I know, that's not how it works but it's how my brain processed the information! I'm going to have to get myself a map so I can document where she's been!


Additionally, I got a letter from the Mission President:
Dear Family of Sister Teigen Olivia Weatherford:

Please enjoy this photograph of Sister Weatherford, whom we had the joy of welcoming into our mission on September 18th, 2013. We truly appreciate your efforts in preparing her according to the standards of the Lord now that the bar has been raised for missionaries entering the field of labor in Guatemala and everywhere in the world.


We require our Elders and sisters to write home weekly. We would encourage you to do the same, as evidence of your support for her labors in this part of the Lord´s vineyard. It is important to encourage continuous spiritual progress, as we guide Sister Weatherford to become a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, so that she will know her doctrine and delight in teaching it.
Along with your missionary, we pray for your family´s safety and protection. Again, we will strive to teach and protect Sister Weatherford, so that she can have a wonderful mission serving the Lord Jesus Christ in Guatemala.

Yours Faithfully,
M. Joseph Brough
Mission President

 

And due to the fact that Teigen has not been getting my emails…I asked the mission home for the correct mailing address.  Thankfully, I did not have to wait another week to get that answer!
Thank you for your inquiry, and thank you for supporting your daughter as she serves the Lord here in Guatemala. All correspondence intended for your daughter can be sent to the following mailing address:

Sister Weatherford
Guatemala City Central Mission
Apartado 921-A Zona 9
01009 Guatemala City
Guatemala
Guatemala
That is the address of the mission office. Once we receive it, we will be sure to deliver it to your daughter.

For those that perfer the Dear Elder option, I have updated that on the side bar.

All of this information came yesterday and today…after 2 weeks of hearing nothing. It was rough, as I mentioned and I spent a significant amount of time in prayer. What I learned was that the Lord is watching out for her. I don’t NEED to hear from her all the time to know that she’s doing great! (Of course, I still WANT to hear the daily news) I am grateful for the knowledge that even though I cannot be watching over her, someone is!
Great is the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment