CCM Hermanas

CCM Hermanas

Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Companion, Elder Quenton L. Cook, and Working for the Lord

Hello friends and family!!
 

This week SO MUCH HAPPENED!! It was awesome.
1. We had Zone Conference. It was good and we ate delicious food and talked about the Book of Mormon.
2. At the conference I talked to Hna. Brough. I had been sick for awhile with awful migraines and fever and cold and dizzy. I was popping Tylenol like crazy and then I broke out in rashes all over my body. I asked her what the allergy was and she said it wasn't an allergy, but that I had dengay. So... that's pretty serious. Usually when people get it they have to go to the hospital and they can't work for a week at least. I got super lucky cause we never had to stay home or go to the hospital, we just worked like normal!

3.We had cambios! Hna. Cruz went home (the ward members threw her a Mexico themed goodbye party!) and I got a new comp! Her name is Hna. Sol and she's also from Mexico in a part called Chiapas (i guess it's close to Guatemala or something). She speaks English fluently and is suuuper funny. We have a good time! She also teaches like a boss and walks fast. She likes to sleep and doesn't go running in the morning. So.... I am SO happy.
4. We went to see Elder Quentin L Cook! He was amazing! I learned so much and had a great experience! I even got to shake his hand!!!

5. At the conference with Elder Cook we saw two of the other missions that are close, Guatemala City East and Guatemala City South. I saw some of my friends from the CCM and the first thing they asked after knowing that I was in Central was say "You guys have a crazy high standard of excellence, right?" so I told them about how we stand up in buses and share our message with everyone, how we only have 45 min lessons and contact 35 people and 10 families every day for the minimum! Their faces were shocked and they started to make excuses for why they can't do that in their areas. They said their goal for contacts was 10 people and 2 families a day! That's nothing at all!! I was really surprised to see that huge difference. I'm so glad I'm in the mission I'm in. I couldn't dare do that and walk slow and not be exactly obedient and think that I was giving my best to my Lord. I couldn't. I can't even imagine it. I love working. I love coming home dead tired. I love it! If I don't push myself to the very best, I'm robbing the Lord of what I know I can do. And honestly, I feel sad for my friends who think that they're working when they can give more. I am so blessed to be here!!
6. We had a baptism this Saturday and then 2 confirmations on Sunday! It was a really great experience and he is so ready. He's inviting all of his friends to church already and he's going to be such a great support for the ward.

That's it! I just want to let you all know that I know this church is true. I'm so glad I'm here in a mission with a mission president who is truly inspired to push us to be our best. My companion and I work hard and are obedient to every single rule. The rules are there for a reason, and if we're not obedient, we don't qualify for the miracles we ask. We asked for miracles this past change and we followed through on our promise to work hard and be obedient. That's why we baptized. That's why we were successful.
Thank you all for your support in everything! I'm so happy to be here and I love knowing that my friends and family at home are praying for my investigators!

Much love,
Hermana Weatherford

Dengue Fever

We have the BEST missionary! Oh, I know it’s not a contest. I’m just so overwhelmingly proud of my missionary! I think about how easy it would be for her to whine and complain…especially after this health concern. And yet she takes the time to let us know that she not only works hard but thinks that’s the way it should be. As a mother, I keep thinking about this skill that she’s learning and how the habits she’s forming now are going to help her excel when she returns to school. As a Mormon, my spirit sings to learn of the high standards that she not only holds but attains! I am inspired by her reminder that when we are obedient, the Father blesses us.

I hope you are all as uplifted as I.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment