CCM Hermanas

CCM Hermanas

Friday, July 11, 2014

tomorrow she comes!

One day more until I receive my newbie! I'm soooooo excited! We have to get up super early and go on the buses (the buses around here are CRAZY) with Hermana Montesino's packages until we to the Capital and then to bring back all of the suitcases and my newbie on the bus! We won't get back until pretty late, and then I have to KILL HER! The goal is to have her finish the day with blisters on her feet! We'll see what I can do ;)
Today is zone training and we're here in Sololá! The weather is really nice here and I kind of don't want to go back to my area where it's kind of chilly!
Yesterday for pday, we went to Patzun to print out pictures (didn't end up happening) and went to a Despensa Familiar, which is a grocery store that really doesn't have much. But it has more than the one in my area! I spent a good chunk of money (on things like oreos and chocolate milk mix. reeeeeally healthy ;). My companion and I bought a huge thing of ice cream and tried to eat it all (and failed.). See the picture below!
Next Monday we'll be changing houses! Pray for my newbie, so that she has the strength to do it and doesn't get mad at me ;)
Well, just a quick bit to tell you all that I know this gospel changes lives! I've seen it in my own life! I was just telling a friend that for the mission I had to sacrifice a lot! I even had to sacrifice my own personality. I got to the point that snarkiness was just part of who I was and sarcasm was my first language. But I realized that the Lord doesn't need snarky missionaries. He needs happy missionaries who don't complain and who are willing to change their very personalities if need be! So I obeyed the commandment found in Matthew; if your eye offends you, pluck it out. If your hand offends you, cut it off! I changed who I was to be able to give more to my Lord. And I've seen people do the same in their lives!
I love you all! Please don't ever forget that :D
Love,Hermana Weatherford

 

No comments:

Post a Comment