CCM Hermanas

CCM Hermanas

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

THE COAST!

So, here I am in Patulul, Suchitepequez, part of the zone Tiquisate. And here it is HOT. I sweat aaaaaall the time. I've given up on looking attractive. It's just a dream from the past now... haha

My new companion is Hermana Alba. And I'm training her... They didn't exactly tell me I would be training again until 10 minutes before the change meeting started! haha Well, she's my 3rd daughter and I'm loving it! She has so much love for the mission! She has 1 month in the mission and is a nurse who used to own her own salon from Puebla, Mexico. So... she's giving me a haircut next week and she helps me when I'm sick, too. It's the best!

This week we had a baptism! It was such a relief because I haven't had a baptism in 6 months. And that's a looooooong time. But it just shows me that Heavenly Father wasn't punishing me, He just wanted me to work really hard and be grateful for the blessings when they came.

My area is amazing and I LOVE THE COAST! It's so hot that we have 2 fans in the house, 1 dusty blanket rolled up in the corner and there is no way to heat up the water to bathe with. And it doesn't matter! When it rains, we don't even use umbrellas. We just get wet and keep working!

I love you all sooooo much! Next week I will have more baptism pictures. This month we're going to baptize like crazy!

Love,

Hermana Weatherford

*Apparently there is a Facebook page for Patulul as well as a Wikipedia entry. The Wikipedia has about 2 sentences!


No comments:

Post a Comment