CCM Hermanas

CCM Hermanas

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

week 12

from the start, let me just tell you that this week there are no pictures. We didn't take any and I tried to take one right now that left us looking like drug addicts. so... this week... not so much. sorry guys.

But we do have a couple cool stories to tell!

We received a call on Thursday telling us that we had to find 2 miracles that day. So we went searching and searching and didn't find anything. We were getting on a mini bus to go back to the main part of our area and a man tapped on my shoulder, signaling for me to get down and talk to him. He then told us that he was a member who was just moving from Nimajuyu (the capital, a part of the Guatemala City South Mission) to Cocales, a part of our area. His girlfriend wants to get baptized and needs missionaries to teach her. We were shocked! What a miracle! And so, we went to visit them. They're sooooo cool. They've been through so many trials and she is so prepared. She's getting baptized this month, for sure!

So, that was the most spiritual thing that happened this week! But a ton of funny stuff happened too. We had a water fight while washing a woman's clothes, a member popped her zits during a lesson with a really prepared woman, i started contacting a dog that was sleeping in the middle of the street and it got mad and bit me (didn't even break the skin, don't worry), some members think that i look exactly like their daughter that's serving a mission in Mexico and sometimes call me by her name and got chased down the street by some drunks (for not walking very straight, they sure can walk pretty fast! thankfully, they can't walk as fast as us ;)

Well... that's pretty much it. Nothing much else to tell... OH! Other than that starting this week, I only have 12 weeks left in the mission. Half of me wants to break into tears, but my companion and I are trying to make a game of it. So, I have a list of things I have to do each week to take advantage of the time I have left. (next week I learn to kill a chicken with my bare hands. eek.)

Love you all so much! Have a great week! Know that I love you and that the church is true!
Hermana Weatherford

Mom note: just because I'm cheeky, here are some pictures for today's post.

BEFORE

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment